Buxtehude Bürgerhaus (Burgher House)
The Bürgerhaus (Burgher House) is the oldest brick building in Buxtehude. There's no knowing its age for certain but it seems likely it dates as far back as the 13th century. In 1548, Marcus Möller - the town mayor at the time - commissioned an extension in the courtyard and the date along with a coat of arms are carved into a beam in the courtyard. The entrance is similar to many found in Lübeck but is the only one to be found in Buxtehude.